If you receive "A valid license could not be obtained" error when attemping to activate any product, you might need to delete the license file manually from the computer and re-attemp activation. Please follow the steps below:
- Close the application which is using the product, such as Act or Outlook.
- Press the Windows Start button, and in the search bar, paste the following line and press Enter:
- This should open a folder on your computer which contains a folder called Licenses
- Rename or delete the Licenses folder.
- Re-open the app and attempt activation again.