Note: Prior to configuration of QSales for Act plugin, please ensure you have setup the QSales API and you have the QSales API Url and Password. Please see this article: https://kb.act4work.com/index.php?solution_id=1085
Setting Up QSales for Act plugin
- After installing QSales for Act, launch Act and log in to Act as an Administrator. Enter your serial number to activate or run the program in trial mode.
- When launching QSales for Act v13 for the first time, you will see the QSales for Act Install Wizard. If for some reason you do not see this prompt, you can access the installer from the menu item Tools > QSales for Act Install Wizard.
- If you had QSales v12 or older, select the Existing Act! database radio button. Otherwise, select the New Act! database option.
- On the Web API Settings and Permissions screen, press the Configure QSales Admin Settings button.
- Enter your QSales API Url and passowrd you set up while installing the QSales API. In the User permissions section, press Edit to change permissions for any of your Act users. By default, all users have readonly permissions. Press Save when done.
- Once back in the Install wizard, press Next to continue to the Build Fields section. Even if you previosuly ran this tool with v12, or older, it is required that this program be run again. This is because there are a number of field and custom table changes that require to be added to the database. Press the Build Fields button to continue.
- Press the Build Fields button to create the required fields. Close this window and restart Act once completed. After Act is restarted, please re-launch the Install Wizard if required and continue with the setup below.
- In the mappings section, press the Set Mapping button to setup your field mappings.
- Set the field mappings and once done, press the Close button to return to the wizard and press Next tpo proceed.
- On the tab installer screen, you have the option to add a QB Data tab to your current layout that contains the custom fields created by QSales for Act. If you already did this when using QSales v12, you can safely skip this step. If not, press the Install QB Data tab button to add this tab to your layout. Press Next on the Install wizard when completed to continue.
- On the Link Records or Import QB Customers into Act screen, press the appropriate buttons to import Customer records, and then the Vendors in to Act! You may also press the links to view videos explaining the process of importing these records. Once completed, you can press Next on the wizard and you should now be ready to import transactions into the database.
- Press the Transaction Sync button to import transactions into the database.
- Set your transaction sync preferences and select the types of transactions you wish to sync. In the Days Back field, enter a large enough value so that all required historical transaction data is imported. When ready, press the Transaction Sync button. Please note that this will take a long time to complete if you are running this command for the first time and you have a lot of transactions in the QB database. Therefore, it is recommended to run this after-hours.