In order to install software on a terminal server which will be shared by multiple users, it is required that the server be put in install mode. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows Start button and in the search bar, type cmd
- Right click CMD.exe and click Run As Administrator in order to launch an elevated command prompt.
- In the command prompt, type the following line and press Enter to put the server in install mode:
change user /install
- Run the installer for the software as normal while the server is in install mode.
- Once installation is completed, put serer back in execute mode by typing the following line and pressing Enter:
change user /execute